Search This Blog

Thursday, July 30, 2026

Summer Obsessions

Dear Readers

As Summer takes an end, I want to discuss my summer obsessions with you guys ❤️.

Song of the Month: No Letting Go- Wayne Wonder

My top song for both June and July has been “No Letting Go” by Wayne Wonder, a Caribbean classic. As someone who isn't Caribbean, I genuinely appreciate Caribbean culture, especially the music. This song reminds me of a club night where you can just be free and dance all night long, but lately, I've mostly been listening to it blasting in my car on the way to work. If you're looking for a song that feels like summer, I definitely recommend giving this one a listen.

Tv Show of the Month: Veronica Mars

I love 2000s shows their storylines, grainy pixels, and the fashion. I also love how creative and authentic the acting and storytelling feel. If you're into mystery and crime with a side of high school drama, this is the show for you! The storylines are honestly worth the watch. Even if you're not usually into crime shows, I would still recommend giving it a try because it covers everything from fraud and theft to stalking and murder, but without showing anything too graphic or disturbing. The show has four seasons plus a movie, and I watched it from June to July. Honestly, I would definitely rewatch it!

Fashion Fav: Pacsun Zoe Low Rise Girlfriend Jeans 

There's really no need for an explanation on this one. If you're a baggy jeans lover but want a more fitted look that isn't so wide and doesn't make you look like a straight line, these are the jeans for you. I've always been a Garage jeans lover, but I had to switch it up and get a pair of PacSun jeans. They don't have much stretch, but with the right size, they are very flattering and give you that perfect balance between baggy and fitted.

Food of the Month: Birria Tacos

I have never really been a taco person, but when I tried birria tacos from Talking Tacos for the first time, I literally could have eaten 10 of them! Personally, I get mine with no onions, light cheese, and a corn tortilla, which I absolutely love. I know some people prefer a quesabirria or even birria pizza, but honestly, I think birria is good in all forms especially with consommé on the side.
I've had birria from a lot of different places, and it's been amazing every time. So, if you're reading this, take this as your sign to order some tacos like...right now!

Movie of the Month: Two Can Play That Game

A classic romantic comedy with a side of toxic. I recently found out that a lot of people have never watched this movie, so I had to put it on this list. This movie showcases a classic toxic romance between two people who are both determined to win the game, which reminds me a little of How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. I've rewatched this movie at least three times, and every time, I love it even more. If you want a good laugh or just want to watch a love story blossom, I definitely recommend giving it a watch!


So, I know these might not exactly scream “summer,” but to be honest, I’ve never really been one to fit the season with everything I do. These have been my summer go-tos, and I would love to hear yours! Maybe you guys can give me some ideas and help me start embracing the summer vibes a little more.
Love Always,
Mya💕

No comments:

Post a Comment

Junior year loading...

Dear Readers,  As the semester starts in two weeks, I have had some weird feelings about how this semester may go. I think about how the aca...